Home > Countertops
Countertops for your home in NH, MA and ME
Add beauty and value to your home
A beautiful countertop can transform a modest kitchen into a truly stunning and stylish space. If you’re on a budget, a new countertop is a great way to upgrade your kitchen without a complete makeover. For a complete kitchen remodel, the choice of countertop material is vital. More than a working space, your countertop can really add character and value to your home.
That’s why Dick Pratte Cabinetry is dedicated to giving you the best quality and widest choice in kitchen countertops. All our countertops are created from solid surfaces such as granite, soapstone, silestone, Corian by DuPont® and the latest in high-tech laminates. You’ll get industry knowledge and expertise to ensure resistance against moisture, melting, scratches, stains and other daily hazards. Your countertop will be able to withstand the onslaught of water, hot pans, dirty dishes, cleaning solvents, knife-edges, and food and drink stains. You’ll not only get a gorgeous, striking new kitchen surface, but also an investment in your home that will last the years to come.
What’s the right countertop for you?
Choose the right countertop for your lifestyle and family. We provide a quality selection including:
- Granite: At the high end of our premium range, granite countertops exemplify optimal toughness, durability and stunning beauty. Requiring more labor and craftsmanship to cut and polish, granite is a true investment. Its surface hardness is only exceeded by diamond. However, particularly porous varieties require extra maintenance.
- Quartz: A solid, non-porous, highly durable surface and resistant to scratching, staining and water absorption. Quartz is virtually maintenance free.
- Marble: Cool-to-the-touch, marble is a gorgeous non-stick surface for baking and other food preparation. That’s why many cooks request a marble-top baking center in their kitchen. Marble is also a favorite for its unique coloration giving kitchens classic style and beauty. However, this porous stone is more prone to stains and cracking than granite.
- Soapstone: Its stylish green and grey hue makes soapstone the prime choice for people seeking a classic design. Soapstone also boasts fantastic durability and comes at a similar price to marble.
- Silestone: For those seeking the beauty and durability of granite without the maintenance, silestone (or engineered quartz) is the perfect choice. It combines fragments of quarts, plastics and synthetics to create a hardy and light surface. It also boasts additional design advantages, coming in a wider array of colors than natural stone.
- Corian®, Lexton® and Plastic Laminate: The most popular countertop solution, acrylic polymers are incredibly low-cost while offering bountiful color and design options. In practice, they are low-maintenance, non-porous and heat-safe. This hardworking surface comes at a very competitive price-point ($15 to $50 per linear foot installed).
- Concrete: Incredibly durable, concrete countertops are resistant to heat, scratches and burns. Best of all, they come in a wide variety of colors to add function and style to your kitchen. However, they are still porous and can be prone to stains and hairline cracks.
- Wood countertop accents: Add character and style to your kitchen design with wooden baking and cutting surfaces. Wood can take on character over time but retains its original beauty with oiling and sanding. More exotic varieties such as teak and Honduras mahogany can run several hundreds dollars per linear foot.
- Stainless steel: Gaining in popularity, stainless steel is favored for its clean, sleek lines and cool surface. It is also extremely functional with its non-stick quality, the ability to hold heat, and easy cleanup and maintenance. However, it is prone to fingerprints and cuts.
Transform your kitchen space today! Whatever your vision, Dick Pratte Cabinetry has the right countertop for you. Give us a call at (603) 505-4551 to talk to a friendly consultant or email email@example.com. We’re always happy to have a chat and answer any questions. Let’s make your kitchen truly striking!